About us

We are a hard working, family of eight. Swimming in the sea when we aren't busy on our small holding. Daddy dragon has to work away a lot, so this blog is to let him keep up with our adventures at home.

Wednesday 8 August 2012

Summer days

Can you believe it is August? 

I can't.

The days whip past in a blur.

It is almost that time again.


Time to get out the pens and pencils.

And books.

I love books.

I have read so many other home educating families' plans for their upcoming year.

And I am catching the buzz.

It is so exciting, being a part of this learning and growing journey with my children.

This year we are focusing on 8 core subjects. 

We will probably bounce in the odd focus study, or lap book, but we are going to keep it simple. 

(Read, let's not burn out.)

Latin

Music 

Language arts (Reading, writing, dictation, spelling and grammar)

Maths

History

Science 

Basic skills (Sewing, knitting, cooking, and crafts)

Faith/ Family Values

We love art, which I am sorely tempted to add in, as one hatchling is currently deep in study of different painting techniques, but I won't. Sometimes, it is better not to have a formal category. It sort of limits learning so we don't study art, we just do it.

Happy new school year everyone!





No comments:

Post a Comment