About us

We are a hard working, family of eight. Swimming in the sea when we aren't busy on our small holding. Daddy dragon has to work away a lot, so this blog is to let him keep up with our adventures at home.

Thursday 4 October 2012

Inbox denial



I am really guilty of email procrastination.

I have 3 accounts.

I have a total of 53 342 unread emails.

Honest.

I confess I am a terribly email user.  I don't know anybody who uses goolemail, and is routinely reminded that they are now approaching the maximum storage limit. Every time I log in, I get a message: 'You are a greedy inbox hoarding pig, who monopolises all the extra GBs, that keep expanding, and still you need more!'

It isn't that I don't have a spam box. I empty that. I just, I don't know, skim through, answer when I can and think, meh, I'll get to the others later.

And then I don't.

I found myself thinking today about creating a whole new email account.

A beautiful empty inbox.

I know I would just clutter it up.

Is that somehow reflective of my state of mind?

I certainly hope not.

Well, as part of my Stoptober/ decluttering, I need some space, and this junk is strangling me... I'm trying to organise and tackle the chaos that churns gently beneath the surface. I know it is autumn, not spring, and this is all a little backwards, but I feel this need to re-evaluate and simplify. Make the world that I create around me reflect a little more of what I actually want to achieve.

Just don't.

Don't ask about my filing boxes.

I am so not ready to deal with those.

I am not sure I am ever going to be ready to deal with those, but then again last week I was going to start a new email account too. Perhaps, there is hope after all.

Don't hold your breath either way, and for goodness sake, do not ask me for a copy of my electric bill from 2008, because I don't know where it is. Actually I do, it is in the loft. In one of 9 matching black expandable filing boxes. (See the problem!) I have it, I paid it, and people who are organized enough that they know where they put their receipts and stuff for the last 5 years, all neatly labelled and what not, blah, I'm jealous and a little frightened of you.

Anyways.

I digress.

I have now emptied my email accounts.

I have 0 unread messages.

I have finally owned up, and swept my email accounts clean.

And that is me completely exhausted.

Button pushing, it is a hard days work, I tell ya.

No comments:

Post a Comment