About us

We are a hard working, family of eight. Swimming in the sea when we aren't busy on our small holding. Daddy dragon has to work away a lot, so this blog is to let him keep up with our adventures at home.

Monday 15 September 2014

Little bit of effort goes a long way

We moved into our new home this summer. 

It has beena steep learning curve.


We found ourselves needing new windows. 

The double glazing had failed through most of the house.

However, the velux windows in the upstairs, are, so we are told, in good condition. 

They just don't look very nice.

And without some maintenance, they will develop problems.

Hence, I hung on for dear life, and sanded, and sanded, and sanded.

Then painted the first of the many windows.

Which is seriously, much harder than it looks, they are in the roof.


Voila!

One pretty window!

I am feeling very accomplished, I didn't actually believe I could do it.

Well, it will be pretty once, I untape, and give it a little wash.

But, before I do that, the question I have is, to second coat, or not to second coat?



No comments:

Post a Comment