About us

We are a hard working, family of eight. Swimming in the sea when we aren't busy on our small holding. Daddy dragon has to work away a lot, so this blog is to let him keep up with our adventures at home.

Wednesday 1 October 2014

Autumn days


The three eldest hatchling woke up this morning plotting.

They asked me to 'stay out of the kitchen'.

I had been quietly hoping they were not baking anything too complicated.

I was wrong.

They were washing dishes, and sweeping the floor.

They cleaned and scrubbed,

and then came to find me.

We cleaned the kitchen they exclaimed, and now we want wool.

You have time to sit and teach me to crochet double crochet, said one hatchling.

Another told me that now I could help her practice doing turns left handed.

So we sat this morning and chatted and crocheted.

They have plans, which involve making a serious dent in my wool stash.

And that make me very happy.

Today, I am very blessed.

1 comment:

  1. It's charming how all of them joined in the clean-up process. Sweeping the floors aren't really too much of a chore, if you think about it. Most especially if you have cleaning materials that don't fail, which add further effort with the spots that more inferior types would leave unchecked. Kudos!

    Larry Brannon @ Leonard Brush & Chemical

    ReplyDelete