About us

We are a hard working, family of eight. Swimming in the sea when we aren't busy on our small holding. Daddy dragon has to work away a lot, so this blog is to let him keep up with our adventures at home.

Wednesday 3 June 2015

A good morning's work

Our piglets are spoiled. 

Surrounded by a high walls, their garden is almost wind proof. A rare abundance of bushes and trees, provide shade and shelter.


Nonetheless, the hatchlings and I been brewing a new project. 

Years ago, I called around, when we first discussed pigs, to buy a pig ark.

Quotes of £380 - 570, were banded about. We quickly realised that after shipping, we would be spending a good £1000 to house our pigs.

That is not realistic for us.


I dithered and fussed and eventually settled on a wood framed ark. We are not farrowing or over wintering.

So the hatchlings and I squeezed as much wood as we could into our little car.


And we built this,

for £37, including screws.

Whether the pigs use it or not, we had a great time building, and we didn't break our budget.

Now, I can't wait to paint it.... I'm thinking polka dots! 

No comments:

Post a Comment